Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Might as well be Monday

I woke up feeling miserable this morning.  I don't like Mondays.  I know it's Tuesday but it might as well be Monday.   I have such a hard time pushing myself out the door and accepting the reality of the work week.  This is, truly, when I hit the wall of frustration and angst about how I got here. This is when I truly agree with all the bloggers railing against the evils of corporate culture and the slow erosion of creativity at a societal level.  I think what I struggle with most of all is that I am forced to leave my home, leave N, leave my kids and the comfort of flow.  The week's ugly head rears itself with a relentless rigidity and demands your focus. I try and suck it back.  The rewards of a salary, benefits and the illusion of security.  Right now it's all I can do. I have a 5 year plan.  In the mean time I comfort myself with little escapes and rewards.  An upcoming trip to Philadelphia.  The Raptors game tonight.  A mani/pedi Thursday.  I feel defeated but I shall persevere.  I know this is just for now. I hope you are having a better morning.  I will cheer up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment