Friday, May 17, 2019

Get busy living or get busy dying

I would like to live a deliberate live.  I am aware that a life not examined is not much of a life. I have an insatiable curiosity about this world.  I try to absorb as much about the world around me as possible. The frustration lies in not being able to explore without restriction. That feeling has been building over the last few years.  As a young woman, I sought comfort not adventure.  Such was my experience in life I was scared of what was beyond my own, carefully tended little world. Now, I am determined to be uncomfortable.  To seek out experiences as opposed to maintaining the status quo.  However, let me be clear, the choices that have gotten me here were deliberate.  In order to become the person I am today I had to find comfort and security in myself.  It is only when one feels secure that one can allow themselves to be insecure. And of course hindsight is 20/20. 

I inhale books, blogs, movies and podcasts.  I use every vacation day to travel.  I push myself to connect with other people.  Not only will I live a deliberate life, I plan to live as big a life as I can handle.  Joy is everywhere, you have to be strong enough to open yourself up to the experience so that you can feel alive.  Andy Dufresne nailed it in The Shawshank Redemption? " I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really.  Get busy living or get busy dying."  I plan to get busy living.

The Raptors play tonight in Milwaukee at 830PM.  I will be watching.  We need a win. My house will be tense.  

No comments:

Post a Comment