Thursday, June 27, 2019

Goodbye June, you are an exhausting visitor

June is always a particularly difficult month in my world.  It's a month of obligations, birthdays and tight schedules.  It's funny too because my birthday is in June.  Last June I was so run down I had a bout of bronchitis.  This is the time of year when I am particularly overwhelmed and just wish I could hit the stop button. 

The kids are worried about exams and my daughter is overwhelmed with dance.  N has an incredibly demanding baseball schedule with his son and we have a hard time carving out space for ourselves.  Work is relentless and demanding. We have social obligations and it just so happens the Raptors did pretty well this year. That may have taken up a bit of time.  So I am drained and burnt out. I struggle with this pace and it reinforces my plan to take the Escapology route in due time.   What I have figured out about myself is that I need a lot of time for reflection and regrouping.  Half the battle is just accepting that is who I am and learning how to adjust how I live my life accordingly.

I am so happy with my big, busy and full life.  I am so grateful for all the wonderful people that make up my life.  I just want more of them and less of 9 to 5.  The kids and I are off to New York tomorrow.  It will be 4 days and 3 nights of whatever we want to do.  No obligations, no schedule and no demands.  We will just wander about and be absorbed by the city that never sleeps.  This is when I get to call uncle.  And then it will be July.  Goodbye to another June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment